Home Inspection appointments are fixed appointments that are blocked off for the day and time agreed upon. That generally means that if we schedule your inspection, we aren’t able to schedule someone else’s inspection at the same time. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. It’s your responsibility to make sure the selling parties are ready for the inspection on the agreed time and date. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50% of the home inspection fee. If Stonebriar Property Inspections backfills your appointment then you will not be charged. There are many reasons that we must enforce our cancellation policy:
- Mutual respect (both parties should respect each other’s time)
- Accountability (when people have a financial obligation they are less likely to cancel on short notice, forget and not be accountable/price shop)
- Loss of company revenue (there are costs associated with every business hour)
- Scheduling (backfilling can be difficult to impossible)
- Vetting policy abusers (unfortunately some people will cancel over and over again)
Some exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.